- Architectural / Real Estate
- Outdoor Product Photography
Before the shoot
All photos for MLS, architecture, product and real estate purposes will be licensed with limited terms.
- Photographer will retain all rights to photographs. Client will be allowed to use the photographs for specific purposes.
- Only: client website, business cards, posters, and promotional products.
- Not: editorial, billboard, television.
- If for MLS purposes: license term expires upon closing of the sale.
- (Terms are adjustable by request.)
- Work Made For Hire (rare)
- Photographer will work as an independent contractor for the client.
- Work must be commissioned for use under one of nine (9) categories as detailed in by the US Copyright Office.
- Client will retain copyright. Photographer will retain rights for portfolio use.
The shoot will begin on an agreed date, after the terms are finalized.
If the shoot will occur on private property, and the client is not the owner of the property being photographed, the client is responsible for contacting the property owner ahead of time. If necessary, client will provide photographer access to private property by use of neighborhood gate codes, keys, etc.
The price will be a single dollar amount, but it includes a few factors:
- Distance required to travel (from my location – Stillwater, Oklahoma)
- Number of photos required
- Time of day for the shoot (sunset or sunrise preferred for best light)
- For multiple locations on the same trip: Number of locations, and distance between them.
A cost breakdown is available upon request.
During the shoot
Client representative must either be present during the shoot, or deem the photos “accepted” in advance.
Development and Delivery
Development of the photos will begin upon completion of the photo shoot.
Within 24 hours, I will provide a link to a web gallery of “rough draft” photos.
Complete development will take 1-2 weeks depending on the quantity of photos.
Photos will be delivered in two sizes:
- Web Size = JPG format, 1024px across
- Print Size = JPG format, full resolution (up to 36 megapixels)
Photos will be made available as a zip file on a protected area on my website. Delivery on CD/DVD is available upon request.
The invoice will be sent immediately after delivery of the finished photos. Payment will be due within 30 days of invoice.
Reshoots & Cancellation
- Reshoots requested by the client will be considered an additional photo shoot. In the event of inclement weather, photographer may request an additional photo shoot, which will be offered at no additional cost.
- Cancellations are accepted up to 24 hours before the shoot. Any requests made within 24 hours will be billed at 100% cost.
LIMITED TERMS: All copyright (expressed or implied) will be retained by the photographer, unless an agreement has been made to the contrary (or in certain circumstances where specified in the Copyright Act 1968). On receipt of full payment (or within 7 days from the date shown on the invoice, if applicable), the photographer assigns to the client limited rights to do as they wish with the photos (such as storing, editing, printing, displaying and transmitting the photos). Photos may not be sold, leased or otherwise transferred to any other person (including to other owners or agents), unless where expressly agreed to by the photographer.
REAL ESTATE PURPOSES: Location shots taken or provided in relation to promotion of a property may only be used in relation to that property and not in relation to any other property. Photos will be licensed only in relation to marketing or promotion of the property being sold or leased. Use of photos outside of these guidelines will constitute a breach of copyright.
AWESOME CLAUSE: If the photographer considers your subject to be awesome, you will be encouraged to use the photos for awesome purposes.