Here we go again! I’ve got my “Spring Tour” pretty much nailed down. I just got all of these applications sent out, but I won’t hear anything from them for the next month or so. Let’s hope for the best!
UPDATE 03/03/2012 – I’m in every show I’ve heard back from! Lawton and Stillwater are the only holdouts.
April 21-22 – Festival of the Arts
- Stillwater, OK
- Since I live here, it’s the “hometown” show. If I can’t get into this one, something is dreadfully wrong.
May 4-6 – Downtown Edmond Arts Festival
- Edmond, OK
- The booth fee is immense, but it’s worth it. There is a seriously good art community here.
May 11-13 – Arts For All Festival
- Lawton, OK
- My sales seem to be dwindling, but I’ve made some friends here. I’ll do it for them.
May 17-20 – Tulsa International Mayfest
- Tulsa, OK
- UPDATE 02/21/2012 – I’m in!
May 26-28 – Paseo Arts Festival
- Oklahoma City, OK
- Happy festival in (probably) the best artistic neighborhood in the state!
June 2-3 – Mulvane Mountain/Plains Art Fair
- Topeka, KS
- I’ve got family here — and I’ve got some Kansas photos! (The rumors are true: If you’re doing landscape photography, take photos of people’s “back yards”, then turn around and sell them to them!)
Now that’s spring. The summer is way too stupid-hot for art festivals (Unless there’s a good one in Montana or North Dakota..), so the next go around will be September and October. By then, I’ll try for AFO at OCCC in Oklahoma City, and probably Utica Square in Tulsa.
These are good shows and all, but hopefully I can find a bunch more. At least I’d like to boost my ‘presence’ in the fall. I’ve got six in spring, but only two between September and October. (We’ll keep you advised!)