(Edit 05/15/2012) – Coincidentally enough, right as I posted this, the Stillwater Multi Arts Center found another photographer to teach a digital photography class. That doesn’t mean I can’t teach one as well, but there would be a LOT of overlap in the subject matter. (See the Summer Class Schedule for details.)
If all goes well, I’ll try to get lesson plans put together up for a fall class. I’m also up for one-on-one tutorials as well.
The Multi Arts Center in downtown Stillwater, Oklahoma is looking for new teachers, and they have an opening for a class on digital photography.
I am considering jumping in, but I only have a rough idea of what I would cover. I have an even more vague notion of the cost. Depending on the details, it might be a one-day workshop, or it might be a several-weekend class. So before I give it a go, I’m curious how many people would be interested in this.
The field of digital photography is quite large. Do you have anything specific in mind?
- Organizing and developing photos in Adobe Lightroom.
- Shooting flowers in low-light conditions on the second Tuesday of every odd-numbered month in Oklahoma counties ending in the letter e! (..speaking of which, Le Flore county is quite nice this time of year!)
- Or would you like an overview of everything: “This is a camera. This is the button you press to make the camera do stuff. Go!”
What about the structure of the class?
- Hands-on tutorial: Bring your camera and computer, and we do the occasional outdoor workshop together.
- Lecture / Seminar: Watch me press buttons during the class, and you work at your own pace outside of class.
Length of class?
- A single weekend workshop, done.
- An ongoing course that meets every weekend, for a couple months straight.
- Combination of the two: “Part 1” meets for a couple days. “Part 2” meets for a couple more. Then there’s probably a “Part 3”, and you can enroll in them one at a time, or all at once.
Let me know what you think — respond to this post, or email me directly: email@example.com